The Department was established in the year 2001.
The department, ever since its inception, provides a technically sound environment for the students to hone their skills and knowledge in the field of Information Technology. The courses offered are innovatively designed in accordance with the curriculum and syllabi. Constant upgradation and revisions are taken up to meet the growing demands of the industries.
The department has eminent, qualified and well-trained faculties recruited as per AICTE norms. The regular lectures are delivered by using state-of-the-art techniques, and visual communication aids, videos are also used in this process. The Department has excellent infrastructure to keep the students up-to-date.
The Department has experienced faculty members specialized in complier design, object oriented analysis and design, artificial intelligence, expert systems, distributed computing, data structures, object oriented programming systems, software engineering, mobile computing, operating systems, network security and management protocol, design and analysis of algorithm, visual programming, system software, parallel computing, graphics and multimedia, software testing and software quality management.
The theory lectures are supplemented with the lab experiments, assignments and regular assessments. The students are required to undertake a comprehensive project and also to present seminar on the different topics which are evaluated on the specified criteria.
The curriculum design & pedagogy emphasizes the development of student skill and abilities to apply the theoretical aspects of Computer Applications in industry related live software projects. Students are expected to achieve high standards of excellence. The teaching methodology includes lectures, tutorials, assignments, presentations, case studies, quizzes and industrial visits. The students also undertake several software projects based on the live problems in the business world. The emphasis is on developing tools and techniques for solving complex managerial problems. Our mission is to take the students to acquire wider knowledge and skills to deliver services efficiently in industry.
To ensure that Information Technology students adapt themselves to globally changing technologies with strong sense of commitment and ethics.
- To continuously improve the academic qualities of students imparting value added courses in latest technologies matching the global standard.
- To continuously interact with the industry to impart practical knowledge in order to meet out the changing technologies.
- To work closely with reputed departments in other universities to impart information beyond the curriculum.
- To impart a high sense of integrity and social commitment to our students.
- In-plant training, Industrial Visits arranged for students.
- Guest Lectures, National Level Technical Symposiums arranged for students.
- Regular credit courses on advanced topics are run to supplement the curriculum.
- Committed, dedicated, and qualified staffs.
Students are assigned an experimental or design project work that needs to be carried out under the guidance of a faculty member. The project, complemented by a mini project, spans over two semesters and provides the students with an opportunity to investigate technical problems in software and finds suitable problem solving techniques for them.